Saturday, February 20, 2010

வங்கியில் சில மணி நேரம்!! :)

It was a lazy Saturday morning when my dad called me up and asked me to go to the bank and get a few things done. He told me that the bank will be open till 11.30 am and wanted me to go to the bank asap. All he wanted was to get an entry in the pass book and transfer some money to his RD account.
I have been to bank a lot many times before but in all those outings i have just accompanied my dad. I don't even know the basic processes followed there. So now all i know is take some money from my dad's account and deposit it in his RD account. So i thought i should fill in a withdrawal slip n a deposit slip. Now where do i find these. Just walked up to a guy who was filling some slip and asked him. He said it is near the clerk's desk. I went to the clerk's desk. Voila!! I found 4 different colored slips.. i picked up one by one n finally found out the 2 slips i wanted. Phew!!
Now, time to fill them up. I haven't done it before. The terminologies were difficult to understand. I finally managed to fill both the slips. There was a column asking for signature. I signed in both the slips. Then i got a basic doubt. Can i sign in withdrawal slip as well??? I went and asked my mom to sign. She didn't even take a look at the slip. She told me that every time my brother does this and she has never signed it. I was confused but what to do..i jus went n joined the queue.
After sometime it was my turn and i handed over the slips along with the pass book to the guy in the counter. He opened some application typed in the acc no. and checked the signature. My mom's sign popped up in the screen. He looked at me n asked me 'Whose acc is this?'. I told him 'My mom's acc'. He then gave me a sarcastic look n asked me 'How can u sign for your mom's acc. where is your mom?'. An old man standing behind me started giggling. aargh.. what an embarrassment.. i then asked my mom to talk to him and went n sat in a corner.. My mom came back after a few minutes with some money in hand. I was puzzled.. I asked her 'Didn't u deposit it in Dad's RD account?' to which she replied 'He has given some auto rule which allows the bank to debit from his savings acc n credit it in his RD acc automatically. So we need not fill these slips jus an entry in pass book is all that is required'.Since we have filled the withdrawal slip he gave us the specified amount as well. i was totally pissed off.. I spent nearly an hour in the bank for absolutely nothing!! Sigh!!!..
So what to do with the money now. I have to fill up a deposit slip and join the queue again to put it back in my dad's savings account.Nooooo..Not again!!I didn't have the guts to see that guy again. So me n mom decided to go home with the money..
Phew!! After reaching home i narrated the story to everyone at home n had a hearty laugh!! After all i learnt something new that day.. :)


By the way don't ask me why i have given a title in Tamil n written the contents in English. Google is doing something weird it is translating my title alone!!! Need to check..

No comments: